Used Agricultural Films
Plastic films are used in agriculture to protect crops and animal feed. They are usually made from polyethylene.
A 5 year agreement outlining the provision of services was signed between the APE(*) and ADIVALOR in February 2009. Manufacturers asked the following of ADIVALOR for 2009:
- offer technical support to local operators (distributors, chambers of agriculture, CUMA...),
- establish privileged relationships by contracting French and European recoverers and recyclers, in order to secure and improve the optimization of used agricultural films,
- engage in an R&D programme to improve the recovery and treatment process,
- organise and engage in recovery operations or give financial aid to the collection agencies,
- encourage all market players (manufacturers, importers) to join the ADIVALOR organization.
(*) APE (Agricultural Plastics and Environmental Commission)